Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Captivating Summary

My wife has just done an excellent review of the popular book, Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge.

This book has been quite popular, and unfortunately isn't the most biblically accurate presentation of women's issues. Charity does a brilliant job of being gracious yet theologically sound. I highly recommend you read these posts. (If you liked the book, I think it's good to read her evaluations to see if they have merit. If you haven't read the book, I think it's important you know what others in your church are reading.)
    Captivating: Intro
    Captivating: Does God Need Me?
    Captivating: Essential Beauty
    Captivating: Romance and Seduction
    Captivating: Healing
    Captivating: Conclusion


After hearing some of the quotes from the book (many of which didn't make her posts), I was greatly disturbed to hear of this book's popularity. I had considered writing my own review of it, but clearly the church is better served by her doing it. She did a fabulous job. (I'm captivated not only by her beauty, but her sound mind and love for the Lord.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home