Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Time for a Facelift


On May 6, 2006 the Carnivorous Caribou blog turns 1. (And you probably didn't get me a card, did you?)

Some observations from year one:

267--number of posts
1--number of posts I've deleted
0--correct sports predictions

Since January 1, there have been:

over 10,000 page loads
just under 4200 unique visitors

This blog has obviously morphed and changed some over time (and is certainly still in the middle of that process). I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I am praying God can use it somehow in a way to glorify Himself. (If He can somehow use me to glorify Him, then He certainly can use a blog.) At the Band of Bloggers meeting, I was reminded how small and insignificant my blog is. However, through blogging this last year I have made some new friends, and reunited with some old ones.

At the very least, I think I've seen some pretty decent blogs started by others because of my encouragement that they do so.

Here's to many more years!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger jason said…

    hey, I think I speak for alot of people when I say thank you. we may not always comment, but we do always read, and I am so appreciative of your knowledge of God's word and commitment to putting Christ at the center of all things.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger jason said…

    By the way, I like the new look....
    Don't worry I won't make fun of your new look like everyone else made fun of mine...

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger ~~anna~~ said…

    Danny in the short time that I've been reading your blog, the LORD has used it many times for my encouragement. Whether to laugh, chuckle, smile, think, ponder, praise etc. You give me much to reflect upon. I don't always respons but I always read. Thank you! and Praise God!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As one of the "pretty decent" bloggers that Danny encouraged to get started, I say, "Thank-you."

    PS I'm probably more decent than pretty.

    PPS My blog's birthday is June 30. I like chocolate cake.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home