Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Friday, March 17, 2006

RIP: My Bracket

Danny Wright's bracket, Redick=B-ball Spurgeon was pronounced dead today after missing some upsets and predicting others that didn't come. Born March 14th at 7pm, Wright's bracket was announced dead March 17th at 3 pm. Speaking at a service to commemorate his bracket, the following quotes were given.

Said one pastor on the west coast, "It's said to see that Wright's bracket did not understand the fullness of living up to its purpose." The pastor went on to say some other things but kept choosing different languages at random, making it virtually impossible to follow.

Another pastor, out of Houston, Texas said, "I would say that it is clear that his bracket lived its best life from March 14th through March 16th at 11 am. It's ashame that his bracket obviously fell out of the favor of the Lord."

CJ Maheney was quoted as saying, "I hope this bracket will further in Danny learning humility. As a humble man, I myself do not want to say, 'I told you so,' but c'mon, the guy had Duke winning it all."

A president of a seminary in Louisville, Kentucky was quoted as saying, "What is a bracket? Is that something that goes on my car? Anyway, I don't like the bracket's name. Spurgeon should only be compared to....well, Spurgeon."

Wright has requested that instead of flowers, money should be sent to the Wright Family Scholarship Program.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger David said…

    I don't even want to TALK about brackets. I have never in my life done this bad in the first round of the tournament. I'm barely .500 so far. And to make it worse, even if my favorite team wins that other tournament they're in this year (denying them an at large bid was a shame. and a sham. It was a shame and a sham) they'll be...the 66th best team in the country. Yippee.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Until the Wrights can spell "Scholarship" correctly, we are withholding our donation.

    Sincerely,
    Another guy who has a terrible bracket.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger marissa finch said…

    wow that is so sad...
    well, here is a GIRL with a sweeeeeet bracket!!!!!!!!! I'll remind you tomorrow at the meeting of how much you made fun of me as i filled it out on wednesday...(it was a lot!) So, anyways, i'd say that marindsey finchetter (aka marissa finch because i filled almost the whole thing out except for the one game we lost thanks to lindsey's decision) will be doing pretty well this year:):):):)

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Well, even though my bracket is busted... it's nice to see Ohio State trucking along so well!

    Go Bucks! Enjoy your spring break!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my bracket officially died on March 20, i wasn't doing bad till all the upsets yesterday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home