Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Did Mark Dever make me flip off a truck driver?

So I'm driving down to a Tri-State Church Multiplication meeting in my truck. Since the radio is very fickle, I'm listening to the 1st Hour of the March 10th podcast from Way of the Master Radio. I specifically downloaded this one because I noticed that Todd was talking to Mark Dever (actually, I end up downloading about all of them, just this one caught my eye.)

As Mark is talking, of course the Together for the Gospel Conference is mentioned...

[Yes folks, it's that time again for another T4G commercial. Go to it! Make sure your pastor goes to it!]


..and Todd Friel mentions that the price is really cheap considering the quality and length of the conference ($175). Dever responds that not only is the price relatively low, but you will receive well over $175 worth of free items and books while at the conference. (I have a friend who goes to the Shepherd's Conference and said he comes home with tons of books. I was hoping the same thing would happen here!)

I was so excited to hear the news that I pumped my fist in the air in the car (yes, I'm a nerd). Just as I pump my fist, a tow truck swings into the left lane to pass me. Once the driver pulled back in front of me, he seemed to be pointing to the headliner of his truck with a very specific finger. Then the horror sunk in. This man thought I was flipping him off for tail-gating me! (In reality, I was so engrossed in the interview, I didn't even notice.)

I followed him into the next town and at the light I was planning to turn left. Since he was going straight, I ended up right beside him again. I looked over and wanted to explain to him that I wasn't upset with him, but he still looked quite upset with me.

Is there anything you can do at that point? Should I have tried to explain the issue to him? Would he believe me even if I did get the chance?

Is there any way I can blame Dever for this?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Charity said…

    Usually I just embarrass myself by getting caught up in a song that's playing, singing at the top of my lungs, and then realizing I'm beside someone at a light, with my windows open. At least that's not nearly as bad as flipping someone off . . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home