Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Who Dey...who cares?

31-17

I'll admit one thing to Bengals fans if they will admit one thing to me.

Palmer's injury hurt them. Sure it did. But I don't think there'd be any sympathy for me if Tommy Maddox made an apearance. All it took was one look at the Cincinnati sideline to know the wind was out of the sails as he was carted off. Kitna tried. He's just obviously no Carson.

This Bengals team gets rattled too easily. As long as things are going well, the team looks like a championship caliber team. But throw a couple snags into things and they begin to fold. It's not an issue of being "soft," I think the Bengals play physical ball. It's a matter of composure. I don't know if the Bengals need to draft it (how do you assess that skill?) or they will grow into it.

But for now, we'll keep riding the Bus, and the Bengals can watch us next week on TV.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, the Bengals may have lost, but we lose with dignity. We are not the kind of team who hit the opposing QB well after he throws the ball and tears his ACL.

    As I was sitting watching the game in my Chad Johnson jersey and my oversized sweat pants, I realized that I would rather lose with dignity than win with cheating (like the Steelers). Hopefully you are on the same boat as I am.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    I think it's also a matter of playoff experience. There is no substitute for it, and the Steelers have a lot of it.

    Too bad they couldn't beat the Browns in '05.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Browns rule!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home