Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Post of the Year

It should be deep. It should be percipient. It won't be.

Just some of my thoughts from the last post and till I get to post again.

1. Buckeyes, Buckeyes, Buckeyes! Tressel will never be a media darling because his interviews are far too calculated for their taste (a trait I admire). However, he is a great coach. He stays out of the way of those who are doing their job, jumps in when necessary, and keeps things cool.
2. I didn't even see the game. I was helping empty out the old building and then we had an elder meeting that night. I taped it and watched it tonight. You know what though, I didn't miss the game one bit. Our elders are a joy to be with and God is doing incredible things in our midst.
3. Danny the waterbaby. While most have been supportive and encouraged me that it's OK to tear up a bit (I couldn't sing during the first half of worship, I was such a mess), I don't plan to make it routine. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with it (Yes, I'm aware Jesus wept too), that's just not typically my style. However, I'd also love to keep the immense feeling of gratitude forever. God has been so good to me (Better than I deserve, to steal from CJ Mahaney). Greenville Grace has been a huge part of that.
4. Keep praying for my mom. One of the tests didn't come back good. Mom's facing surgery and possibly some other treatment. If you're reading this mom, I love you and am praying for you (and don't expect you to have to comment since the "word verification is too confusing."
5. Pushing through a book Have you ever been in the middle of a book, only to receive a book you'd rather read? I'm trying hard to finish the one I started (as that would be the disciplined thing to do) but it's hard to do when I can see the other book in my computer bag. I've read a couple pages of the second book, and I can't wait to start it (and blog on it!).

1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    danny, when you said something to me in church on sunday while you, natty, and i were sharing 2 chairs, i totally thought of something witty to say in response, but then daniel started a prayer before i could say it so i didn't ... sorry you didn't have a response from me to tell the church when you told them that you told me that you were weepy. give me another chance sometime, though, and i won't let you down :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home