Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Why I'll Never Be Good at Journaling

What really is a blog? I've heard this question a lot lately, and I guess there are a number of possibilities. Some view it as a public journal, a way for them to share their heart. Others see it as a way to update and connect with friends. I guess for me, I see it partially as a way for me to share my thoughts about what's happening outside my head and all around me, as well as the thoughts inside my own head.

I tried to keep a journal once. I couldn't escape the fact that someday that journal could be read by someone else. I never really got honest as I posted my thoughts. This blog is tricky, I want an audience (like most, I love reading comments in reply) yet I don't want the blog to become so much about the audience that I cease to share what's happening in my heart.

I guess some things happening lately have taught me a couple lessons. One is to never blog about a topic while it is frustrating you (something I am totally exercising right now!!!!). If your emotions are high, odds are, someone else's are too. Instead, I've decided to make a personal list of topics I want to some day get around to.

I can not promise you good writing. I can not promise you deep thoughts. I can not promise not to offend or anger. Sadly, I've realized I can't even promise to honor God at all times with this stupid electronic invention. I promise to try though.

And I promise to be me...eventually.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work!
    You just introduced me to some good music, too !!! (40 miles)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home