Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Power 5--Newsweek Retraction Style

1. Relax, Manu--angry about getting bumped from the Power 5, Manu responds by demanding his starting job back, and pours in 39. It's just a silly list, no need for Ginobili to get so upset.
2. Same to you, Jon--I've got to be more careful. Garland gets offended about the list and dominates my Rangers.
3. Mr. Dependable?--seriously, if the Pacers are depending on this guy, they are sunk. (And yes, I've learned my lesson about calling guys out...I think an angry Jackson probably helps the Pistons even more.)
4. Billy Hunter--fighting David Stern is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Also, if you're depending on fans to side with athletes who make millions to play a game...you may want to find a different strategy.
5. Athlete Feuds--whether it's Culpepper/Moss or Iverson/Webber, just once I'd like to hear of a player calling someone out, and then defending themself with "Yeah, I said that. The guy is a pain in the butt. I only hung with him because he's tall and fast." Is that really too much to ask?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Danny, your post was funny and insightful as always. Manu was awesome, and your ribs at Iverson, Webber, and Stephen Jackson were right on.

    I think all the babies in sports are making me absolutely sick of sports. Maybe I'm tired, and if you read my blog, you can tell I'm tired of most sports right now, but your reminders give me more reason to care less.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Danny,
    You disappoint me! I expect better from you, and hoped that you could see that Webber doesn't suck. PEJA does! The best thing that BIBBY could hope for in the of season is to get traded! (refering to 2 posts ago)

    Ask the ORME! He knows the ORB. Give you a hint....FAMOUS name but not the same COLOR!

    And I am just giving you a hard time...I read your post on MJ...Don't touch MJ! Just kidding. It cool to read your blogs because ORME never writes about sports.

    I agree with you on the calling of someone out....STAND up, we like to see that we will respect them more for it!

    SPURS definately can come out of the WEST to face the HEAT!

    peace out
    THE_ORB

    11:15 PM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home