Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Child-K9 Theology

Tonight, my daughter asked me to tell her a story. When I asked about a topic, the old standby came up. "Tell me a story about me being a princess."

I told her to be a true princess you must be the daughter of a king. When I asked if she knew a true king, she answered, "Jesus is a King."

I then explained that as a daughter of Jesus, she can be a princess.

As my son looks around, wondering why he hasn't been included in the conversation, I jokingly say, "So can Zeke be God's princess too?"

Rachel immediately answers, "No, he'd be a prince."

My son spins around quickly in his chair and declares, "No, I'm God's doggie!"

I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish my youngest would want to be a doggie...instead he wants to be a girl. He has even prayed to Jesus to make him a girl when he grows up. I couldn't quite go into the details of Leviticus 18 and Romans 1 to a 2 1/2 year old, so I just internalized the anger and went on with my day...

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Dude, in early 21st-century jargon, the word "doggie" or "dog" was frequently used to denote one's "friend" or "companion." Zeke seems to already speak the language of today.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger danny2 said…

    well, it doesn't take much to be cooler than me.

    i guess it was just a matter of time before he passed me on that scale!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home