Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Editing Correction

I had a conversation with a good friend today regarding "the divorce series." My friend questioned the statement that "I do not believe it is ever Biblically justified to divorce."

This friend asked if I meant a person whose spouse divorced against the person's will is wrong. I appreciate this friend's comment (and I think it's awesome that he values our friendship enough to call and clarify) and certainly Paul counsels in I Corithians 7 that you let that spouse go.

Therefore, I have revised the statement "I do not believe it is ever Biblically justified to divorce" to "I do not believe it is ever Biblically justified to pursue divorce." I hope this correction can make the discussion more Biblically accurate.

I understand the volatile nature of this discussion. It impacts nearly everyone in some way. It is a complex issue which requires in depth Biblical study, and has a plethora of viewpoints. It is also an emotional topic, as pain is always attached to it. As stated before, I do not intend this series to be a chastisement of those already divorced. I hope this series works to preserve marriages already in place and allows those considering marriage to realize the permanency of the vows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home