Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Financial Quotes

I'm about a fifth of the way through Money, Possessions and Eternity by Randy Alcorn. Here are some quotes I've highlighted:
He who has God and everything has not more than he who has God alone.--CS Lewis

Where riches hold the dominion of the heart, God has lost His authority.--John Calvin

The type of man most likely to grow very, very rich is the type of man least likely to enjoy it.--Max Gunther

The poorest man I know is the man who has nothing but money.--John D Rockefeller


[In case you're wondering...yes, the Bible has much better things to say about money than these things. I'm preparing for a series this summer on possessions and it may include a few of these quotes...but no, they will not be the foundation of my message...they will simply illustrate truth already found in the Word.]

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Keith's Blog said…

    This is an outstanding book - the best biblically anchored resource I've used on the topic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home