Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Feedback

I'm looking at starting another series, but some thoughts crossed my mind.

Though I do not write this blog with reaction in mind, I don't want to intentionally drive people away. (I have found you can't write in a way to sollicit comments, but there are certainly things you can do to drive comments away.) I've written a couple of series lately (T4G thoughts, Lines in the Sand) and wanted to get some thoughts:

1. Are they repetitive? Do you feel like the same thing is being said in each post, or is it helpful to address from different angles to see how they truly impact?

2. Do I seem angry? I am passionate (and believe we all should be), but I'm not really angry. While these topics are relevent to me right now, and is a reflection of what I am thinking through, but I'm not angry with any particular person or seeking to shoot someone down. I want to think critically, but I don't want to be a jerk. Does a series make it seem like I'm a jerk?

3. Do you like the graphics? When doing a series, I thought it was somewhat fun to add a graphic so that it's easy to see it tie in. I can post other things beyond the series, but it's easy to find the post reflecting the series. However, if you have dial up, or actually understand art and design and find my futile attempts pathetic, you may find these graphics annoying. Pro topical graphics or con?

Please understand that your comments may not sway what I do. I value feedback, but this isn't a poll. Again, there are things that are on my heart that I want to post, but the odd nature of a blog is that you hope people read it too. Therefore, I want to post my thoughts in a way that is comprehendable and attractive to the reader.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a newer customer, but I can truly say I've appreciated what I've seen of your blog so far. Your posts have been thought-provoking, and though your tone can be slightly sharp at times, I haven't found it to be inappropriate.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have loved the series. I personally think that the posts are better when they are a part of a series. I use these post as somewhat of a daily challenge to myself so I think I have been challenged more with the ongoing series than random thoughts.

    No you don't seem angry. You seem passionate and I love that

    I could live without the graphics or with them. Either way I don't really care. Now if you would put up graphics detailing the beauty and power of the University of Michigan I would say definately keep them!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger danny2 said…

    i'll save the u.m. graphics for the next time we work through the doctrines of grace.

    nothing says total depravity like wolverine

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't you mean nothing says unconditional election and perservance of the SAINTS like a wolverine?

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger jason said…

    I love the meaty stuff. The teaching is excellent and thats all that really matters. I think it shows by all the people you have come to this blog that I dont' have any idea who they are. They too want to hear good teaching that is true to God's word.

    The sports stuff is annoying (mainly because I find the NBA to be annoying). The next time you say something about the Steelers being Super Bowl champs in one of our services, I'm telling our soundman to cut out any amplification of your voice. No mic for you!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you sound pretty angry. We all get frustrated until we embrace our purpose!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home