Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pastor of Multiplication Concerns

We had a great time celebrating with the Tri-State district last Sunday. It was wonderful to praise God for His glorious grace in allowing us to participate in the ministry of reconciliation, specifically in our local church plants.

It was also thrilling to allow Daniel to articulate how our transition will hopefully help facilitate more planting. As our Pastor of Multiplication (or Outreach Pastor), one of Daniel's duties will be as a District Church Planting Coach. I've been excited about this for quite some time, but now I am a little concerned. Consider the following evidence:

Daniel Pierce, Church Planting Coach
















Tim Nixon, Church Planter

Daniel has easily been one of the most influential people in my life (and will continue to be), but I think for the sake of my coiffure, I may just start calling him a mentor, instead of a coach.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HA!!! I did notice the similarity there on Sunday!! I thought maybe they called each other!! :):) LG

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being neither a church planting coach or a church planter, I didn't get the memo on the dress code.

    But what really bugs me is that I got grief for wearing a coat and tie...to a church....on a Sunday.
    What kind of postmodern emergent organization is this?

    My joke was that since I was handing out large checks I came dressed as a game show host.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home