Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Thursday, April 13, 2006

10 Questions with Matt Strader


To help you get to know Matt, he briefly answered the following ten questions:

1. If you could have a gift seen in cartoons, which of these three would you choose...and why:
a.) ability to paint a circle on a wall or floor to use a whole to travel through
b.) ability to survive anvil strikes on the head without being truly injured
c.) that cool thing that characters do where they hang in the air for a second after running off a cliff before they plummet to their death.
I've always wanted to just paint a circle on the wall of my classrooms in order to escape another boring lecture. That would definitely be my choice of the three, although all do seem to have their benefits.

2. Cats or Dogs?
DOGS! (I'm allergic to cats, but I would still hate them anyway)

3. Why does Vince Carter act like a girl?
well, it's what people do when they make a lot of money, and don't want to get hurt or fouled, or touched.

4. What is the last movie you've seen with Isabel that she loved and you thought was awful?
I saw the benchwarmers recently, and it is corny and funny (which means that I liked it) and Isabel did not enjoy it at all. But, oh well, I had fun...haha.

5. Would you rather...
a.) wear a unc jersey for the day
b.) wear a university of florida jersey for a day
c.) wear an osu jersey for the day
probably UNC, because I did like Michael Jordan back in the day, but it would definitely have to be a Jordan UNC jersey.

6. If you were a car, you'd be....
whatever works and is cheap, not to say that I am, but hey, I'm thrifty!...lol

7. Briefly tell your conversion story (not all questions have to be stupid)
well, to make a long story short, at the end of a few weeks of my parents reading me Bible stories about Jesus, I accepted Christ at the age of 4 on my parents bed after a story time one night. However, I don't really think my faith ever became real until I was nine.

8. Worst food you've ever tasted...
squash, well, Mayonnaise isn't terrible, but I avoid at all costs as well.

9. of the three challengers in princess bride, the one you would find most challenging would be:
a.) fezzik the giant
b.) inigo montoya the spaniard
c.) vizzini the genius
Inigo Montoya, he had that whole, I don't care if I get stabbed thing going for him, that would freak me out.

[By the way, you don't have to guess. There is a quiz online you can take.]

10. Explain why dumars' selection of Darko (over Melo, Bosh, and Wade) was actually a stroke of genius.
I don't agree that he should have selected Darko, but hindsight is 20:20. I'm glad he didn't pick Melo because we already had Teshaun. There was no telling that Bosh would blow up like he has, especially with his skinny frame, but I DO THINK WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED DWAYNE WADE!!! Not a doubt in my mind, we blew that one, but we did win a championship which tends to erase those types of mistakes.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Good interview. Two thoughts...

    (Question #3) - I'm not a girl, but if I was, I'd be offended by the question.

    (Question #10) - I disagree with Matt. Everyone and their brother knew Bosh would blow up. That's why he was picked #4 overall. Not a complete shot in the dark, everyone wanted him.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am personally offended by this blog and Matt's comments. This is ridiculous. I hope you are happy with yourselves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home