Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Perseverance

I'm listening to the messages from Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints, so I'm sure I'll have more to state on this topic. However, in my sermon preparation, I ran across this brief, yet crystal clear quote:

Election predestines to faith and therewith to obedience.

--TDNT, p145, "τηρων"


Or consider Jesus Christ's words:

I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

--John 17:6

2 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger DL said…

    Or the words of Paul:

    "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10).

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger brother_barabbas said…

    crystal clear?

    Maybe it's just my simplicity which leaves me somewhat confused, but I honestly don't find that quote 'crystal clear' as it stands alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home