Welcome to Carnivorous Caribou

Monday, January 23, 2006

A Better Weekend Than I Deserve

Just 5 ways (some small, some great) in which I had a weekend which was far better than I deserve:

5. My Pistons just keep winning. They are 33-5, while their former coach has a terrible team and players entering the stands. You asked for it Larry. Enjoy!
4. Living close to my parents. It's so great to be able to run down to see Mom and Dad for Dad's birthday. Sure beats the days when we lived in Richmond and it took eight hours just to get home. By the way, even if you aren't a car person, the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction is pretty amazing to watch.
3. The "Transition" is finally out in the open. I don't know how many times I've almost said things before I should have. Now I can atleast scratch one thing off the list to make me put my foot in my mouth!
2. The Bus Goes Home to Get a Ring. I missed much of the game because of an eteam meeting. But I didn't mind for two reasons: a) I enjoy the students more than football. and b) I was confident that the AFC Championship game wouldn't be the last game of the Steelers' season.
1. My mom is doing well. Her tests revealed that she had some cancer, but last week she had an operation which appears to have removed all of it. Thank you for praying. God's been very good!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They don't need no Larry Brown...
    sincerely,
    Alan Iverson

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Gary Underwood said…

    Steelers to Super Bowl? They can't even beat the Browns in '05!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home